At the table: Chef Adam johnson
Chef Adam Johnson, a U.S. Army veteran and Colorado native has helped create and dish up some of the most magical and delicious food at Layered in Downtown McKinney. We just found out that he's headed to ATX - which is where he honed his culinary skills - but before he leaves town, we caught up with him to ask a few questions.
1) Did you grow up dreaming of becoming a chef? No. I think I was 14 when I decided I didn’t want to be a lawyer anymore. After that, food became an obsession.
2) Baseball or football? Baseball. Go Rangers!!!
3) Beer or wine? So that's a good one for me. If I’m eating burgers, it’s beer. If I’m eating steak, it’s wine.
4) What’s your favorite dish to prepare?
A dish from Spain called Paella.
5) What has been the best thing about cooking in McKinney? The people! I can’t say enough about the southern hospitality here.
At the Table is a series of five, quick questions posed to amazing people in the local food and beverage industry. If you think there's someone we should get to know better, email u their name and tell us how to get in touch with them.